Friday, February 27, 2009

Who likes Shawn Mullins, David Bowie's song - Changes?


That is what I have been feeling like lately in regards to picking a name for the new little one.


First it took us 9 months to "NOT DECIDE" on a name. Then Friday, the day before we were set to leave the hospital, we decided on Lincoln. The next day it CHANGED to Hayden; Lincoln just did not feel right after trying it for a day, even though we really like the name. It took us pretty much the entire morning, we decided on Hayden Edward (the other name was Hayden Chase). I ended up giving the paperwork to the nurses on my way to the car.


So we have our Hayden home for about a week when Emi decides that she wants to CHANGE the name again; she can not decide whether she wants to CHANGE his first name or his middle name. The main reason behind this is...what if we do not have anymore boys, then I would not have had my chance to have a John Edward III.


Emi's mom called the hospital to see what would have to happen for his name to be CHANGED. She got the name and number of the person to call and finds out you have 10 days to CHANGE it.


On Monday I called the hospital and finally got a hold of the person and explained to her the situation. She tells me that we are to late to CHANGE his name the easy way; we will now have to go to the Utah County Health Department and get his birth certificate CHANGED and then we will have to take that and go to the Social Security office and have his name CHANGED on it.


That sucks but OK.


Now we decide after about 3-4 days of trying to call him Johnny, Little Eddie, Edward, and even Jumbo JET III that it just kept coming out as Hayden....BUT what does that mean? that means I have to call the lady once again and CHANGE the name to Hayden Lincoln.



Who ever thought it would be this hard to pick a name!!!





I got this entry all together and now finally ready to post it, well, I have new information. I went down to the Utah County Health Department to get the birth certificates printed and take them to the social security office. I filled out their paperwork and paid the money and left to go back to work; as I was in the car I started looking them over and see that they have messed up the name.

I know we CHANGED the name a couple of times but each time I called and took care of it at the hospital and they in turn CHANGE it in their system. Well, they goofed it! I now have a birth certificate for a John Lincoln Traxler and a social security card of a Hayden Edward Traxler BUT his name is Hayden Lincoln Traxler.

I now have to send off the birth certificate for an affidavit for correction, at least they are admitting that it is their fault and it will not cost anything.

If we have any more kids there will be NO name changes after the hospital!!!!!

3 comments:

brent said...

Dude - I can't stop laughing!!! I feel sorry that you had to go through all of that, but can only imagine what you must have been thinking the whole time - hahaha! Nice of you to mention good ol' Jumbo Jet Traxler - brought a real smile to my face.

Jennie said...

So I am confused, what is his name again? How does the birth certificate confirm Hayden Lincoln if it says Hayden Edward.... I thought we had it bad not deciding on Ben's name until the discharge from the hospital. I can just see you guys and it makes me laugh too.

Traxler's said...

His name is Hayden Lincoln but it will be a while before I have all the paperwork to show it.